We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience to join our client team as the Vice President of Operations for a dynamic mining development company, with a specific focus on projects located in Nevada and Arizona.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimizing the operational aspects of the projects, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements unique to the region, managing land-related issues and permits specific to Nevada and Arizona, navigating local political landscapes, and contributing to the company's growth through mergers and acquisitions (M&A) with an understanding of the intricacies of the Southwestern United States mining industry.
The ideal candidate will bring a diverse skill set that includes expertise in accounting, legal affairs, finance, and a background in geology or mine planning.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize operational efficiency across mining exploration and development projects in Nevada and Arizona.
- Oversee day-to-day operations to ensure they align with company goals and industry best practices, considering the unique geological and environmental aspects of the region.
- Stay abreast of local, state, and federal regulations affecting mining exploration and development operations in Nevada and Arizona.
- Develop and execute plans to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations specific to the region.
- Manage permitting processes, addressing land issues, and securing necessary approvals with an understanding of the regulatory landscape in the Southwestern United States.
- Work closely with the finance team to develop budgets, monitor expenditures, and optimize financial performance, taking into account the economic nuances of Nevada and Arizona.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and implement measures to improve financial outcomes, considering the market dynamics in the region.
- Provide financial analysis to support decision-making and strategic planning within the context of the Southwestern United States mining industry.
- Manage legal aspects related to mining operations, contracts, and agreements, with an understanding of the legal frameworks in Nevada and Arizona.
- Collaborate with legal counsel to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with applicable laws specific to the region.
- Address any legal challenges that may arise during project development and execution in the Southwestern United States.
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A):
- Assess potential M&A opportunities with a focus on companies and assets in Nevada and Arizona.
- Provide strategic input for decision-making, considering the unique market conditions in the Southwestern United States.
- Lead due diligence processes and negotiate deals to maximize value for the company, understanding the M&A landscape in the region.
- Local Communities and Authorities Engagement:
- Build and maintain relationships with local government officials and key stakeholders in Nevada and Arizona.
- Navigate the political landscape specific to the region to ensure positive engagement and support for company initiatives.
- Represent the company's interests in discussions with government agencies and community leaders, considering the cultural and political context of Nevada and Arizona.
- Geology and Mine Planning:
- Utilize geological knowledge to contribute to the development of exploration and mining plans tailored to the geological characteristics of Nevada and Arizona.
- Collaborate with technical teams to ensure effective mine planning and resource optimization, considering the geological complexities of the region.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and methodologies to enhance exploration and mining processes, with an understanding of their applicability in the Southwestern United States.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; advanced degree (MBA, JD, or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the mining sector, with a focus on exploration and project development.
- Proven track record of successful leadership in roles encompassing accounting, legal affairs, finance, and operations.
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks and permitting processes specific to Nevada and Arizona in the Southwestern United States.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for effective collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make informed decisions that align with the company's objectives in the context of the Southwestern United States mining industry.
Compensation includes a basic salary + stock options package and scheme.