GateSource HR Mining Recruitment is partnering with a well-funded dynamic junior resource company with projects being advanced in North and South America.
Currently, the company is in search of a Vice President of Exploration to play a pivotal role in the senior management team, spearheading technical, exploration, and geology activities with a focus on Latam projects.
As the Vice President of Exploration, reporting directly to the Board, your responsibilities will include:
- Strategically planning and overseeing the company's exploration endeavors.
- Identifying exploration opportunities aligned with the corporate strategic plan and assisting in acquisition negotiations.
- Evaluating opportunities for acquisition and development.
- Crafting and implementing a comprehensive exploration plan and budget.
- Providing direct supervision to local staff and team
- Achieving exploration goals within the allocated budget.
- Contributing to the development of the corporate strategic plan.
- Coordinating with external consultants and business partners to meet exploration goals and uncover opportunities.
- Degree in
Geology, Geological Engineering or equivalent, ideally a Qualified Person
- Minimum of
15 years of experience as a Senior Geologist or Exploration Manager, with a background in critical minerals.
in South America, building and maintaining business partnerships with local
teams, contractors, governments, and communities.
- Fluency in
English and Portuguese is required, Spanish is a plus.
Highly negociable, base salary with options.