A large non-profit affordable housing developer is looking to add a Senior Project Manager to their ever-growing team. This company has worked for 50 years to create more than 8000 apartments through affordable rental housing development projects, with a thriving portfolio that will only expand within the next couple of years.
The ideal candidate will aid in supporting the development process for a mixture of acquisition, new construction, and preservation projects. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual seeking employment with a very successful organization, that provides growth opportunities, work-life balance, great benefits and meaningful work.
This position is hybrid.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Conducting pre-development activities such as design development, financing applications, and City/State/Federal approvals.
- Analyzing and assessing potential real estate acquisitions, including responding to Requests for Proposals.
- Overseeing repositioning and refinancing transactions within the company's portfolio
- Coordinating consultants and partners, such as architects, general contractors, attorneys, environmental consultants, financing partners, partners, etc.
- Reviewing legal agreements, managing relationships and coordinating payments
- Underwriting transactions, managing budgets including expenditure tracking, and developing financial models
- Organizing financing closings, which may include ongoing communication with partners and managing submissions to lenders/investors
- Attending resident, neighborhood, and community meetings
- Participating in construction administration, identifying decisions for ownership and coordinating decision-making process
- Submitting monthly requisitions to lenders
The minimum requirements for this position include, but are not limited to:
- 4+ years of experience in affordable housing; New York City experience preferred
- Interest in working and growing within a mission-driven not-for-profit organization
- Proven expertise in financial underwriting, data analysis, and Excel
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication, and writing skills; detail-orientededness
- Strong familiarity with construction, building systems, and general property management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, take initiativAe, suggest new ideas and collaborate, and execute on tasks
- Available for frequent local travel (within walking distance of public transit) and occasional weeknight work
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation
- Performance-Based Bonuses and Incentives
- 4 Weeks of Vacation Time/PTO, excluding 12 Federally Recognized Paid Holidays
- 35-hour Work Week
- Hybrid Schedule
- Excellent Benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance (for employees, spouses and children), AD&D and LTD
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits