This is a remote position based in the USA; you must possess current US employment authorization; sponsorship is not available for this position.
GateSource HR Mining Division is partnering with a leading industry player in the mineral processing sector. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Project Manager to join a dedicated Engineering team.
As a Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, support plant modifications, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the company processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the project through the Pre-project and Project phases.
- Participating in the Preliminary Definition phase, either managing or supporting as agreed with the Project Executive (PEX) and Project Customer.
- Supporting the PEX throughout the Pre-project and Project phases.
- Preparing project baselines, including Scope, Cost, and Schedule.
- Managing all changes to project baselines.
- Developing a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Managing project risks in collaboration with the PEX.
- Ensuring Engineering resource availability and allocation.
- Coordinating Engineering teams, both internal and external resources.
- Facilitating effective coordination and communication between the Project Team and vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Implementing specifications, group recommendations, regional requirements, and regulations as defined in the Pre-Project phase.
- Coordinating pre, cold, and full commissioning with internal and external resources.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, including budget, schedule, and resource reports.
- Preparing project reports for the PEX.
- Being present on-site during critical project phases as required.
- Ensuring effective Sustainability Management (Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment) in compliance with policies and local laws and regulations.
- Ensuring the project has sufficient insurance coverage and complies with policies.
- Educating project resources on the Project Management System, procedures, templates, and tools with the support of the PMO (Project Management Office).
- Leading lessons learned sessions at the closure of the project.
- Taking responsibility for project management during the Pre-project and Project phases.
- Developing project baselines (Schedule, Scope, and Cost).
- Managing the project to adhere to project baselines.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience with Project Management experience in a mining environment.
- Leadership skills, including excellent communication, motivation, and client-facing abilities.
- Strong management skills, with proficiency in teaming, monitoring, and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of PMI and PMP certification is desired.
- Excellent communication skills in English, Spanish or Portuguese skills are nice to have
- Willing to travel to project sites as required (up to 50%), in the US and South America
Competitive compensation package based on experience, along with a comprehensive benefits plan.