This is a remote position based in the USA; you must possess current US employment authorization; sponsorship is not available for this position.
GateSource HR Mining Division is partnering with a leading industry player in the mineral processing sector. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Project Cost Estimator to join a dedicated Engineering team.
As a Cost Estimator, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, support plant modifications, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the company processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for project management during Preliminary Project phase – Business cases
- Responsible for developing project baselines (Schedule, Scope and Cost)
- Manage the Project through the Preliminary Project phase – business phase
- Be involved in the Preliminary Definition phase for managing or supporting in agreement with the PEX
- Support the PEX (Project Executive) through preliminary project phase and business cases
- Prepare project baselines (Scope, Cost and Schedule)
- Manage all changes to project baselines
- Manage project risk with PEX
- Coordinate Engineering teams including both internal and external resources
- Ensure effective coordination and communication between Project Team and vendors, contractors and suppliers
- Ensure that specifications, group recommendations and regional requirements and regulations are implemented as defined in the Pre-Project phase
- Coordinate commissioning with internal and external resources
- Prepare project reports for PEX
- Ensure effective Sustainability Management (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment) in accordance with policies and local laws and regulations
- Ensure the project has sufficient insurance and is in compliance with policies
- Educate the resources working on the project to Project Management System (procedures, templates and tools) with the support of the PMO (Project Management Office)
- Lead at lessons learned at the closure of the project
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of ten years of engineering experience with at least five years managing projects and strong working knowledge in all engineering fields with emphasis on mechanical and electrical.
- PMP certification from the Project Management Institute is desired.
- Well-developed leadership skills and the ability to work well with others including both line workers and top management.
- In-depth knowledge of both the wet and dry processes to include processes to include quarrying, crushing, hauling, grinding, classification, conveying, packaging, storage and shipping.
- Ability to work in metric system.
- Understanding of company policies and ability to lead and direct people.
- Fluency in English is required; Spanish and/or Portuguese skills are nice to have.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Competitive compensation package based on experience, along with a comprehensive benefits plan.