Gatesource HR Caribbean Recruitment is currently seeking an accomplished professional for an exciting opportunity with our key client based in the Caribbean.
Our client is actively transitioning to low carbon energy production systems and is looking for a Manager of Regulatory & Sustainability to join their team in the Caribbean.
• Offering assistance in various financial and data analytics matters.
• Updating the Company's five-year forecasts quarterly by utilizing key risk indicators.
• Spearheading the formulation and implementation of the Company's sustainability initiatives, aligning them with overarching Company goals and objectives. Collaborating with cross-functional teams to embed sustainability principles into business operations, processes, and decision-making.
• Formulating key performance indicators to monitor and communicate sustainability performance to stakeholders, both internally and externally. Preparing and submitting accurate and timely sustainability reports and disclosures as required.
• Taking charge of regulatory affairs, including periodic cost-of-service studies, engaging external consultants, and attending necessary meetings with regulators.
• Keeping abreast of current knowledge regarding relevant regulations, encompassing proposed and final rules.
• Establishing timely communication with debt and equity rating agencies to ensure the accuracy of reports.
• Evaluating and scrutinizing business cases for new technology and development projects.
• Demonstrates a robust working knowledge of financial analysis, regulatory affairs, best practices in sustainability initiatives, and information technology.
• Effective interpersonal skills for interaction at senior management and Board levels.
• Possesses critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently to define specialized reporting requirements.
• Consistently seeks ways to enhance the organization's productivity.
• High-level written and verbal communication skills for report writing, letter composition, and technical presentations.
• Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management, or Sustainability Business Management.
• An MBA in disciplines such as sustainability, compliance, environmental policy, or economics is preferred.
• Six to eight (6 to 8) years of experience in financial, regulatory affairs, and/or sustainability management.
• Proficiency in research, writing, computer skills, as well as strong problem-solving and strategic planning abilities.
• Understanding of the business and resource needs of the company.
• Ability to apply sound business principles to recognize costs, opportunities, and risks to create high-payoff opportunities for the company.