GateSource HR Agribusiness Division is partnering with an industry leader with operations and subsidiaries in multiple countries.
To support its growth, we are looking for a seasoned Financial Controller willing to take on an international assignment in a country that will best align with their skills and experience.
General purpose of the job:
- General ledger management for the operating entity. Also, ensuring the financial reporting is in accordance with the United States GAAP
- Deal with compliance matters, including coordination with the Division Financial Controller of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance requirements and Accounting Systems administration
- Manage a relationship with external and internal auditors
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct accounting functions.
- Coordinate financial, accounting and management control functions with operational personnel
- Direct, plan, organize and implement overall procedures for financial reporting and to ensure adherence to strict reporting deadlines
- Coordinate with Division Financial Controller the preparation and issuance of financial statements that are in accordance with United States GAAP
- Oversee coordination in the design and implementing of any revisions to comprehensive financial accounting and internal control systems
- In coordination with Division Financial Controller, completion of Sarbanes Oxley required documentation to fulfill requirements of the company
- Ensure that operational resources are available to achieve Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Liaise with treasury function on matters relating to control, cash management strategy and execution of treasury directives
- Ensure resources are available and focused on proper administration of minimal tax compliance
- Work with operational personnel in matters related to credit policy extension and monitoring collection of all categories of accounts receivable
- Ensure periodic meetings with operation personnel to identify financial, treasury and risk issues that may impact the integrity of the company’s assets
- Management of general administration and reporting staff
- Provide basis for budget preparations
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
- US CPA or CA required
- 5+ years prior accounting experience required
- Must be fluent in English, other languages will be considered a plus (Spanish / French / Portuguese )
- Big 4 Audit experience preferred
- Foreign exchange exposure preferred
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Expat package with full benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, flights, accommodation plus relocation